Jaromerice nad Rokytnou is a small town in south-western Moravia. During its history it becomes twice a significant cultural centre of whole region. For the first time it was at the beginning of 18th century, when Jan Adam Questenberk lived here. He was the builder of beautiful Baroque chateau and church and a big music fan. To be sure, ten operas, 18 comedies and many casual compositions had been playing in 1738 in the chateau. The second time it was at the beginning of 20th century, when the teacher Vaclac Jebavy came to work in a new opened school, around the world already well-known poet Otakar Brezina.
Jaromerice used to be a crossroads of business routes, which led here from time immemorial. The chateau originates in 17th century. The Baroque renewing was finished with works in the interior in 1737. Nowadays the chateau is opened to public with a music exposition. A long music tradition is remaindered every year during the music festival which takes place in the chateau complex. The chateau park had been planted in the Baroque style. The local parish church was renewed many times as well. It has been connected with the chateau and nowadays it serves as the chateau chapel too.